Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Where ads appear, part of Google AdWords Essential Training (2017).
- [Instructor] As an AdWords advertiser,…you probably want to know exactly where…your advertisements are going to show up.…To understand where your ads end up…and how they get there, let's start at the top.…When you use AdWords,…you're gaining access to what is called the Google Network.…This network is comprised of literally thousands of Search…and Display Network websites,…as well as the Google Search Engine itself.…The Google Network currently reaches…more than 80% of all Internet users worldwide,…in more than 30 languages and 100 countries.…
The Google Network is divided into two big areas.…The Google Search Network and the Google Display Network.…The Search Network includes the familiar text ads…in search results.…We looked at that type of advertisement in the last movie,…but these text ads can also display on Google Maps,…Google Shopping, and websites that are search partners.…And search partners include hundreds of non-Google websites,…such as AOL.…To expand further,…advertisements that are part of the Search Network…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.