Join Michael Duquet for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Writing Ad Copy.
- Writing ad copy doesn't require any prerequisites or prior coursework. This course has been created for anyone who writes or contributes to selling a product or service. Now throughout the course we'll focus principally on writing for an online audience; however, many of the concepts and ideas we discuss apply to direct customer channels as well, such as print and traditional mail. Now, ideally, you should be comfortable writing both long-form and short-form ads and also be aware of basic grammatical rules and how to craft logical arguments through text. If you know just a little bit of HTML, you may also be able to apply the web-based concepts to your own projects right away.
- Writing relevant, eye-catching ads
- Defining your goals and metrics for each campaign
- Writing ad copy for different media types
- Understanding your audience
- Using personas in ad copywriting
- Avoiding passive voice
- Including a call to action