This video outlines some basic requirements for taking the course.
- [Instructor] To watch the course itself, you do not need any experience in app development. All a prior knowledge of basic SEO will be needed. There are nontechnical elements in the course, which will not venture into app development, but rather, the marketing of apps through SEO. Where we do make reference of technical SEO, it is meant for developers, who watch the course and to help marketers issue better specifications when they collaborate with developers.
But if you're interested in mobile development, you can also enroll for those courses right here on LinkedIn Learning. And in the course, you will notice that I switch to an emulator view on Google Chrome. Remember, simply resizing a PC screen will not show the same results because search engines are responsive also to operating systems, and it's crucial that we see some mobile search results to help us plan for future opportunities.
You may want to do the same at times to see how search results will appear on various devices. If you use Google Chrome as your browser, you will not need any additional plugins. I will walk you through the developer settings as we approach that section of the course.
- SEO vs. ASO
- Google and Bing mobile results for apps
- Google Now on tap
- Google micro-moments
- Google App Packs
- App ranking factors
- Search-centric apps
- Mobile affiliate networks
- Enabling app indexing: Android and iOS
- Creating an app content sitemap
- Boosting app download volume and velocity
- Considering star ratings and user feedback
- Social media links and app marketing