Learn what remarketing is and how this can be a valuable supplement within the digital marketing mix.
- [Instructor] If you're new to PPC marketing, an important concept to familiarize yourself with is remarketing. So what is remarketing? Bing, Google, and even Facebook provide us with a special tracking code that we place on all the pages of our website. Then, when specific visitors land on our website, we can track and target them with marketing messages across the display network, and even when they're logged into their Facebook or LinkedIn page, we decide which users to target based on specific behavioral variables such as the web pages they visit as well as the time they spend on our site, and many other variables.
By specifying custom rules, users with certain behavior or characteristics are then added to a special remarketing list which we then associate with certain ads that can be displayed on websites within the display net. Remarketing is a very sophisticated area of PPC marketing, and if you use it right, then you can see significant improvements in conversion rates with lower acquisition costs. In the Bing Ads Essential Training course, you can learn all about remarketing with Bing, then in the Remarketing with AdWords and Analytics course, you can learn how to set up remarketing across the Google display network.
I recommend you complete both of these courses to prepare you thoroughly for remarketing. The opportunity to reconnect with visitors based on very selective criteria is revolutionary in marketing and it's now an important part of PPC. You can even do dynamic remarketing where product feeds off the product pages that the user visited will display relevant ads to that user off to it, effectively reminding them of the product and any related discounts.
- Understanding the difference between search and display advertising
- Mapping PPC marketing to the sales funnel
- Using marketing agencies and campaign specialists
- Creating a Bing Ads account
- Creating a Google AdWords account
- Granting access to third-party users
- Setting up a campaign in Bing Ads and Google AdWords
- Setting keyword match types
- Copywriting for PPC ads
- Improving the quality score of your ads across different networks
- Using goals and conversion tracking
- Handling typical problems in PPC advertising