Learn what the future holds for “advertising” as we know it and how branded content will eventually be the new norm. In this video tutorial, Mike explains the limitations of current advertising, the impact of branded content and the advantages of embracing a content marketing strategy.
- In a recent interview, Sean Tyson,…the creator of advertising agency Quietly,…was asked a very direct question,…Do you see traditional advertising dying out?…His response is one that's echoed…by modern marketers everywhere.…The short answer is, yes.…Sean lamented that up to now, advertising…has been companies paying to have a one-way…conversation with customers, but now…there needs to be an exchange of value, and that value…is in the form of utility, information, or entertainment.…With so much competition in the digital age,…modern consumers want to be rewarded…for reading your advertisement.…
If I'm gonna sit here and read about your product,…it better be worth my time.…So traditional advertising isn't dead, but the transition…to branded content consumption has already begun.…We define content marketing as targeted…marketing material backed up by social media campaigns…and integrated to your overall acquisition structure,…rather than just regular posts about a wide range…of topics like you'd find on a blog.…
- Describe how to keep content relevant.
- Recognize the importance of carefully choosing grammar and syntax.
- Cite ways to improve the chances of acquiring new customers in your ads.
- Differentiate between website ad copy and social media ad copy.
- Explain the value of customer personas.
- Name the ways in which content marketing differs from traditional advertising.