Learn the basics of pay-per-click (PPC). Discover how to set up and manage campaigns in two industry-leading PPC platforms— Bing Ads and Google AdWords.
- [Adriaan] Pay-per-click advertising with Bing Ads and Google AdWords is now a key component of the marketing mix. My name is Adriaan Brits, and as a digital marketing consultant, I want to use this course to provide you with a headstart in PPC. We're going to learn the basics of PPC through an in-depth overview of search and display advertising with targeting methods. Then you will learn how to set up advertiser accounts with various structures and third-party actions management in case you'll be using agencies.
I'm then going to walk you through setting up your first campaign successfully in Bing and in Google with some budgeting tips. You'll then see how to use keywords that align well with user intent through research, match types, and negative keywords. Then you will learn about copywriting for PPC ads so that you can create compelling and effective ad copy that will attract good quality scores. In campaign optimization, I will show you how to achieve better conversion rates and then share with you some common challenges you will face in PPC, with some useful solutions.
On completion of the course, you will have a solid foundation to further develop your expertise in pay-per-click advertising and media buying, thereby raising the stakes in your digital marketing career or business.
- Understanding the difference between search and display advertising
- Mapping PPC marketing to the sales funnel
- Using marketing agencies and campaign specialists
- Creating a Bing Ads account
- Creating a Google AdWords account
- Granting access to third-party users
- Setting up a campaign in Bing Ads and Google AdWords
- Setting keyword match types
- Copywriting for PPC ads
- Improving the quality score of your ads across different networks
- Using goals and conversion tracking
- Handling typical problems in PPC advertising