Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Using ad extensions, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this course,…we looked at adding ad extensions…when we set up our first campaign.…But let's say that you want to add these extensions…after the fact, or perhaps you have an ad group…that's running, where you haven't configured…this extension yet, or maybe you just want…to try a new extension.…Fortunately, it's easy enough to set these up.…Now I'm logged in to the Rent Track account,…and I'm here at the All campaigns overview page.…To review all of the ads and extensions,…I simply choose Ads and extensions from the sub-navigation,…and then at the top of the screen,…I'll choose the extensions tab.…
Here we can see every extension as it's set up,…as well as the extension type, where it's been added to,…and if it's at the campaign or ad group level.…To add a new extension,…it's as simple as choosing the plus icon,…selecting the extension that you'd like to add,…and then following the prompts just as we saw…when we set these up the first time.…It's that simple to continue adding ad extensions.…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.