Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training (2018).
- [Instructor] Let's look at another way…to generate keyword ideas.…We'll do this directly within AdWords…using the Google Keyword Planner.…Now you'll find this by selecting the tool icon…in the upper right-hand corner,…and then selecting Keyword Planner…on the far left side of the menu that appears.…Here we see that Google has two options, Find new keywords,…and Get metrics and forecasts for your keywords.…Let's start by finding new keywords.…We can enter in the terms that we identified earlier,…or even provide entire phrases,…or our website, or even our competitor's website URL.…
I'll start by entering in the terms…that we saw earlier in the Google autocomplete results.…Google lets you provide three keywords.…Now after you type each one,…you can either hit Tab or the Enter key…to start typing the next keyword.…Next I'll choose Get Started.…Here we can see that Google provides us…a list of ideas and you'll find that…on the far left-hand side.…You'll also notice that Google…provides some additional data.…Here they have the average monthly searches,…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.