Setting up tags and updating dimensions is key to communicating the right information to the Google interface. This is one of the early steps needed to create a dynamic remarketing campaign.
- [Instructor] In this lesson,…I'd like to show you how we can update our tags…and how to specific custom dimensions to Google Analytics.…Now let's imagine…that we're a travel website,…and we're only interested in…remarketing specific flight options to customers,…but not general destination information.…So we need to specify that to Google…by using the right attributes.…So we'll create a custom dimension for each attribute,…and our web developer should then modify that…and include the new code…that needs to be on our website…in order to accurately track and communicate that…via the Google feed.…
So let's go ahead and do that.…We head over to Analytics,…and we're signed in.…And we're going to click on the Admin tab.…Now we find the property to which these changes will apply.…And then we scroll down,…to where it says Custom Dimensions.…We will click on that.…And then click on Custom Dimensions.…Now all we need to do…is click on the red tab where it says…Create a New Custom Dimension.…And we're going to give it a name.…
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Building remarketing lists
- Types of remarketing offered by Google
- Linking AdWords with Analytics
- Setting up Analytics campaigns
- Switching between AdWords and Analytics
- Dynamic remarketing for ecommerce
- Creating audiences
- Setting up a dynamic remarketing feed for display advertising
- Deciding on a budget
- Monitoring ROI