Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Update: Google AdWords is now Google Ads, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Google recently went through a rebrand, and moving forward, Google AdWords will now be known as Google Ads. In addition to the name change, there's a new logo, and you can see the change from the old to the new right here on Google's blog article, which announces this new branding. Now, this course was recorded prior to the name change, so you'll see the old branding on each page, and you'll hear me refer to the product as Google AdWords. These changes are simple cosmetic, so they won't pose any issues as you work through this course.
The rest of the interface and functionality remain the same, so you're still getting up to date information on how to build out your ad campaigns. I work hard to keep these courses updated and will be sure to deliver new movies that take this and any future changes into account as soon as possible.
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.