In this video, Brad Batesole covers the newly announced changes to the AdWords platform, and gives you a preview of the newly redesigned AdWords interface.
- [Instructor] Google recently announced…that they will be rolling out a new look and feel…to the AdWords platform.…This redesign is rolling out throughout 2017…and Google has made it a goal…to have everyone on the new experience…before the start of 2018.…Now the course is built out on the current interface,…which looks similar to what you're seeing on your screen.…But it is possible that you'll be using a new version…of AdWords.…And that version will look something like this.…When you login, if things look like what you see here…on the screen, then you're in the new interface.…
This doesn't mean that you can't follow along…with this course,…just know that while things might be…in a slightly different place,…the core concepts, terminology,…and the approach, will be the same.…If you're not on the new interface,…well be aware that things will be changing soon enough,…but again, most of the core functionality…should stay the same,…and I doubt you'll have any issues…connecting the dots between what you learn in this course…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.