Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding quality score and the auction system, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Google is popular…because they're good at getting it right.…When you go to search for something on Google,…you typically find what you're looking for right away.…And Google is obsessed with making sure…everything they display is relevant.…And that extends beyond organic results…to paid listings as well.…Fortunately, this makes for a great opportunity.…Users want relevant information.…And advertisers wanna show relevant answers…so that those listings get clicked on.…If Google shows the best ads, users come back to Google.…
And Google profits.…For Google, the better the ads they show,…the more money they make.…Now before we get too much further,…let me back up and share with you…the context of what we're going to be talking about.…I'm here on the Google search page.…And I'm going to run a query for coffee subscription.…So we can see that there are four ads here at the top…and if I scroll to the bottom of the page,…there's two ads here at the bottom.…But how does Google decide the order…that these ads appear in?…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.