Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding ROI, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Whatever reason you're using AdWords,…it's important to measure your return on investment, or ROI.…Knowing your ROI helps you evaluate whether the money…you're spending on AdWords advertising is meeting…your advertising objectives.…Let's talk about what ROI is.…ROI is the ratio of your net profit to your costs.…It's one of the most important measurements for you,…because it demonstrates the real effect…your efforts have on your business.…If you're seeing a positive ROI, you can continue…to scale your advertising campaigns.…
If you're seeing a negative ROI,…it's time to identify what's wrong and fix it.…There are multiple ways to calculate ROI,…but the most common is to take revenue minus…cost of goods sold, divided by cost of goods sold.…In the Landon Hotel example, we'll assume that we charge…a customer $300 for a night at the hotel,…and the cost to supply that hotel is $200.…So our ROI is $300 minus $200, divided by 200.…
And that gets us a 50% ROI, which means for every $1…you spend, you get a $1.50 back.…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.