Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Quality Score and the auction system, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Google is popular because they're good…at getting it right.…When you go to search for something on Google,…you typically find what you're looking for right away.…Google is obsessed with making sure everything they display…is relevant, and that extends beyond organic results,…to paid listings as well.…Fortunately, this makes for a great opportunity.…Users want relevant information, and advertisers want…to show relevant answers, so those listings get clicked on.…If Google shows the best ads, users come back to Google,…and Google profits.…
For Google, the better the ads they show,…the more money they make.…So, before we get too much further, let me back up,…and share with you the context of what we're talking about.…So I'm here on the Google search page,…and I've done a search for iPhone screen repair Los Angeles.…Now, this query is important to me as well,…because I'm not just terrible at breaking my eyeglasses,…but apparently, I'm just as clumsy with my iPhone.…So, we can see that there are ads here at the top…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.