Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the AdWords structure, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before you begin creating your campaign,…it's important to learn how AdWords is structured.…A well organized account will be essential…in creating effective campaigns…that target the right audience…and ultimately help you reach…more of your advertising goals.…AdWords is organized into several tiers:…Account, Campaigns, Ad Groups, Keywords…and the advertisements themselves.…At the very top, you have your account…and this is the information you'll…establish when you sign up,…your email address, password and billing information.…
There's not much you'll do at the account level,…unless you move into managing AdWords for other clients,…and we won't be covering that in this course.…An account has to have one campaign and one ad group,…but a well structured account will…have multiple campaigns and ad groups.…So, let's talk about those.…After your account, you'll have campaigns.…Think about campaigns as your broad objectives.…A campaign will have its own budget…and settings that determine when your ad appears.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.