- [Instructor] Now that you're armed…with your list of keywords,…it's important that we discuss another component…to how keywords work.…Every keyword has the ability…to have settings applied to it.…These settings are called matching options…and they help you control how closely the keyword needs…to match a person's search term in order to trigger your ad.…There are five main types of keyword options,…broad match, broad match modifier, phrase match,…exact match, and negative match.…When you go to add you keywords to an ad group,…you'll have the opportunity…to select these matching options.…
We'll discuss how to be setting these up…in your campaigns in a later movie,…but, for now, let's talk about…what each of these five types means.…The first is broad match…and by default every keyword is a broad match.…This means that your ads can show for things…that match your keyword…or for words that are closely related,…like synonyms or common misspellings.…Broad match will even match with longer phrases…that also contain your keywords.…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
Learning Google Tag Manager (2018)with Corey Koberg1h 22m Beginner
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.