Join Adriaan Brits for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Case study 1, part of Online Marketing Foundations: Digital Marketing Research.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to provide…a solution to these four questions…and draw up a report of that.…So, firstly, we head over…to the Google Search Planner again,…and we click on Tools, Keyword Planner,…and we scroll down to where it says…Get search volume data and trends.…And once we're there, we make sure…that our settings reflect what it is…that we're searching for,…so if you're doing a global search,…make sure it's set on global.…In our case here,…we are just searching for the United States,…so it's targeting the United States.…
And we start off by entering…our most commonly searched-for keyword,…or at least just enter the keyword…that you think people will be searching for most commonly.…So, in this case,…water filters,…and we scroll down and we click on Get search volume.…Notice that Google will instantly return the results,…and in this case,…we can see that there's an average monthly search volume…of 14,800 searches…for this particular keyword.…
The competition is quite high.…Now, this does not represent the total demand,…
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Explain how to conduct ethical research.
- Identify the benefits of digital research.
- Use Google AdWords to measure demand.
- Leverage LinkedIn to measure the competition.
- Distinguish tools from Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q. This course was updated in 12/2017. What topics were updated?
A. The following topics were part of the update: professional research tools, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.