Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting your bids, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training (2018).
- [Instructor] Now that we've sorted out our bid and budget,…we need to set this up in our campaign.…I'm here in the campaign creation steps,…and I'm going to scroll beyond where we left off earlier,…with locations and languages,…down to the budget and bidding section.…First, we to enter the average…that we are willing to spend each day.…Now, based on what we…formulated earlier, I'm gonna say $200.…But there is an important detail here.…You see, here on the right-hand side is some fine print.…And this is what it's saying.…There are variances throughout the month in clicks,…over weekends and weekdays.…
Essentially, slow days and busy days.…So AdWords reserves the right…to overspend on your account way up…to two times your budget on any single day…to help smooth out these variances.…But you'll never get charged more than what…your daily project would have been added up…to over the entire month.…Let me give you an example.…Let's say I set my daily budget at $10 per day.…Google is going to multiply this daily budget…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.