Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up conversion tracking, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Narrator] As we've seen, one of the biggest reasons…that online advertising has become such a big business…is that unlike many forms of other advertising,…it's extremely measurable.…And by using the AdWords conversion tracking feature,…we can keep track of how many sales…or leads our AdWords campaigns are generating.…This helps us invest in our campaigns intelligently,…and we can get pretty granular with our data.…By using this feature, we can evaluate…whether or not a specific keyword, ad, ad group,…or even campaign are profitable for us.…
Once we have this information,…we can start to make data driven decisions,…like spending more of our budgets on campaigns…that are performing well…while we simultaneously work on optimizing,…or dialing down the budget on campaigns that aren't.…Now, we need to note two things before we get started.…First, we need to know what our conversion is.…Is it a sale on a product?…Is it someone filling out a form?…Is it submitting a request for more information, and so on?…And secondly, we need to know the page…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.