Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up campaign experiments, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] As you start to get the hang of AdWords,…you're gonna wanna test changes to your ads.…Essentially, you'll wanna try various tweaks,…perhaps adding keywords, increasing bids,…modifying placements, and so on.…But changes can be risky,…especially if your ads are already performing pretty well.…However, testing is an important piece…of any advertising process.…If you're not creating tests, you're not improving.…Now with AdWords, you have the ability…to create drafts and run experiments.…
This helps you take a little bit of the risk out.…You can run your experiment on a small subset…of the campaign's traffic,…so you can first see if your ideas…are going to perform better or worse.…And this is a fantastic way…to evaluate modifications before committing 100%…and it's a lot easier to see the data.…Fortunately, AdWords has a really great way…to handle experiments.…You start by creating a draft of your campaign…and a draft is really just a way…to mirror the campaign and then make changes to it…without actually impacting your campaign's performance.…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.