Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up an account, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training (2018).
- [Instructor] To start advertising…with Google AdWords, you'll need…to create an AdWords account.…The first step is to open up a browser…and head over to adwords.google.com.…From here, I'll choose 'start now'…on the left side of the screen,…and Google is going to redirect us…into their guided tour.…Now it's tempting to fill out the information…in this guided tour.…But if you do, Google is going…to walk you step-by-step all the way…through setting up your first campaign,…and I'm not a big fan of trying…to create something before you've explored how the interface…works.…
So simply click 'skip the guided setup'.…First thing's first, we need to either enter…in our existing Google account information…or provide information to establish a new Google account.…If you use gmail, analytics, or AdSense,…then you already have an account established…with Google.…And you can use the same e-mail address you use…to log into analytics to sign up…with AdWords.…Now if you're creating a brand new Google account…and setting up Google AdWords for a business purpose,…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.