Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting realistic expectations, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] AdWords is exciting.…It's an accessible platform,…it works in near real-time,…and it's an opportunity to generate…immediate exposure for your company.…But it's very likely you're not…going to get an amazing result…with your first step up to the plate.…Every business is unique,…so there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach.…Successful AdWords campaigns require persistence.…You have to spend money, look at the data,…refine your campaigns, spend more money,…look at the data, and repeat.…In fact, your first month might be terribly frustrating.…
Lackluster clicks, no phone calls, meager sales.…You're going to be looking at…your AdWords dashboard, questioning everything.…The good news is you're not alone.…As a professional marketer,…I, too, encounter this same struggle…with almost any new campaign I launch.…My goal is to help you set up…some realistic expectations,…so you're on the path to success,…and so you know when to keep on pushing forward…despite the nagging feeling…that you need to throw the towel in.…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.