Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting your audience, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training (2018).
- [Instructor] At this point we've created…a new campaign and we've gone through…our general settings.…I'm now going to scroll down on the campaign creation page…until I arrive at the location section.…It's here that we can review our location…and language targets.…And at first glance there are some pretty generic…radial buttons that allow me to target…either the entire world, countries that I'm near,…the country that I'm in, or I can enter in…a custom location.…Now these first three are pretty straightforward.…The interesting one is when we get to select…a particular location.…
Now in this example the Landon Hotel…wants to show their ads to everyone in the United States…because the keywords that are going to be used…will restrict the focus to those…who are expressing an intent in this particular location…of San Francisco.…In this case, we're assuming people travel to San Francisco,…so they'll be looking for hotel deals when they're…not in San Francisco.…But we might have a restaurant at our hotel location…and we could offer specials and deals…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.