- SEO vs. ASO
- Google and Bing mobile results for apps
- Google Now on tap
- Google micro-moments
- Google App Packs
- App ranking factors
- Search-centric apps
- Mobile affiliate networks
- Enabling app indexing: Android and iOS
- Creating an app content sitemap
- Boosting app download volume and velocity
- Considering star ratings and user feedback
- Social media links and app marketing
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] The two pillars of successful app marketing is SEO for apps and ASO, or app store optimization. Due to fierce competition, market maturity, and increased fragmentation in mobile search, ASO alone is no longer enough. Fortunately, a growing segment of the market uses search engines rather than app stores to discover new apps. My name is Adriaan Brits, I'm a digital marketing consultant, and in this course I'm going to share with you how you can leverage SEO for apps to expose your app to the search market.
We will explore the evolving landscape of search and we're gonna review Google and Bing results for app-related searches to highlight some of the opportunities available. We'll look at things like Google Now on Tap, micro moments, and Google app packs. We'll also explore many potential app ranking factors, and the rise of search-centric apps. In SEO tactics, we will review a few solutions, and demonstrate how the benefits of good SEO and ASO are interlinked.
The range of tactical issues we cover will include app indexing, site maps, metrics like download velocity and user sentiment, as well as app freshness. On completion of the course, you'll be more confident about app marketing, you'll know which element of conventional SEO to use, as well as key specifications to monitor when collaborating with developers who handle technical SEO.