In SEMrush, a further analysis of both paid and organic research can be done with reference to the competition. For example, here, position changes can be tracked, historic ad copy can be analyzed.
- [Narrator] There is more that we can do with SEMrush,…so let's go ahead and explore…some of the research areas in-depth.…I'm going to just search for trivago.com again,…as we've done in the previous session.…And now we're going to click here,…on the overview section,…and we'll find some basic information in the Dashboard.…Now the next option would be Organic Research.…If I click on that tab,…it will show you some of the aggregate data…that you would typically get from combining…at-worth research and the Google Webmaster tools.…
So it really makes the process quick and easy,…as you can see here.…Now, if we go up and to the left,…and we click on the next option, which is Position Changes,…here, it's going to produce a data set…with a visual representation…of what your organic performance look like.…Did it increase?…Did it decrease?…In relation to the key words that people searched for.…
Again, in the left app,…if you select Competitors,…it will then produce a list of your strongest competition…with clear data sets on common key words…
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Explain how to conduct ethical research.
- Identify the benefits of digital research.
- Use Google AdWords to measure demand.
- Leverage LinkedIn to measure the competition.
- Distinguish tools from Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. This course was updated in 12/2017. What topics were updated?
A. The following topics were part of the update: professional research tools, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.