Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing bid adjustments, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Bid adjustments are a way for us…to automatically increase or decrease…how much we're willing to pay…when various factors are at play.…You might wanna adjust your spend…depending on the device someone is using,…where they're located, what time of day it is,…or even using demographic data.…Bid adjustments are incredibly helpful…at optimizing the performance of your campaigns,…especially once you get the hang of them.…There are many places you can make bid adjustments.…So, let's look through a few common areas.…
First things first, you need to select…the campaign that you'll be modifying.…I'm going to select our search campaign…here on the left-hand navigation.…Next, let's look at devices.…I'll scroll down in the sub-navigation…and choose devices towards the bottom of the screen.…Earlier, when we set up our first campaign,…you might recall that we weren't able…to select whether our ads would appear…on mobile devices or not.…We can use bid adjustments to control that.…Here in the bid adjustments column is where…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.