Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Review keyword quality score in AdWords, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Every keyword in your ad group…will have a quality score associated with it.…You might recall this from earlier…when we discussed the AdWords auction and ad rank.…As a quick refresher, your quality score is arranged…between one and 10, and having a high quality score…basically means that Google thinks that your keyword…and landing page are relevant to your ad.…A higher quality score typcially results in…a lower cost to win the bid, and usually yields…a better ad rank, which is what determines placement.…
You want to be sure you keep an eye on this metric.…If it's high, great.…If it's low, you need to work to really maximize…that quality score.…So let's walk through how to get this information.…To see your quality score, you need to visit…your keyword section, and you can do this one of two ways.…Either from within a campaign, or,…if you're in the All Campaigns view,…simply select Keywords to see all the keywords…across all of your campaigns.…You might notice a new symbol here…which looks like a beaker.…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.