Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Review keyword quality score in AdWords, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now each keyword in your ad group…will have a quality score associated with it.…Scored between one and 10.…This is an estimate of the quality of your ads…and landing pages triggered by that keyword.…Having a high quality score, means that Google thinks…that your keyword and landing page are relevant to your ad.…A higher quality score typically results in a lower…cost to win the bid and usually yields a better…ad rank which is what determines placement.…Said differently, a keyword with a quality score of five,…I'd have to spend, say, $1.50 to win an auction,…whereas a keyword with a quality score of 10,…might only spend 75 cents to win that same auction.…
Now in many cases, keywords with low quality scores…won't even show the ad because the quality score…is too low.…Now, keep in mind that quality score is really intended…to give you a general sense of the quality of your ads,…but it's not going to take into account any…real time factors such as someone's actual search terms,…location or the time of day.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.