SimilarWeb is another premium tool that provides marketers with a range of data at their fingertips: from website traffic to referrers, and a range of social and engagement metrics.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead and look at another example.…We're going to look at one called SimilarWeb.com…And we're going to use the same example of a website called…Trivago.com.…We'll to enter it and we'll click on search.…Now SimilarWeb will produce its own estimates based on data…sources that it analyzed over time.…An interesting metric that we can see here,…besides the amount of visits that it would estimate…for the website, is the amount of time spent on the website.…
And this is of course a pretty good metric,…because it shows us that there is a bounce rate,…there is…the average visit duration,…there is pages per visit.…And these will all be engagement metrics.…It is useful because it tells us how good the quality…of the content is, or perhaps how relevant it is…to visitors.…So if the bounce rate was much higher, perhaps visitors…didn't find what they were looking for.…
If we scroll down there are various other bits…of information that'll be quite useful.…For example the countries where the visitors is come from.…
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Explain how to conduct ethical research.
- Identify the benefits of digital research.
- Use Google AdWords to measure demand.
- Leverage LinkedIn to measure the competition.
- Distinguish tools from Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. This course was updated in 12/2017. What topics were updated?
A. The following topics were part of the update: professional research tools, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.