The tools used by professional marketers for research can reveal a lot of data much quicker. Here members can learn about the basics of SEMrush.com
- [Instructor] So far, we've focused on using free tools…for market and competitor research.…Now I'm going to show you…what professional marketers would use.…There are many premium tools out there…to make your job a lot easier.…So, let's explore some that are popular right now.…The first one we're going to use is called SEMrush.…Let's head over to semrush.com.…And just imagine that you would like to research…something to do with the travel industry…in the United States.…
So, we're going to enter…the name of a website here, called trivago.com,…and we're going to hit the Search button.…Now let's see what SEMrush can tell us…about trivago and its competitors.…If we look at trivago.com, SEMrush would estimate…that there is approximately 2.7 million…organic visitors per month,…and it goes on to tell you what the approximate value is…if you had to buy that from Google.…
It indicates that it's roughly worth three million dollars.…If we look at Paid Search,…what it pays for its advertising,…it estimates that it's roughly 78,000 dollars per month…
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Explain how to conduct ethical research.
- Identify the benefits of digital research.
- Use Google AdWords to measure demand.
- Leverage LinkedIn to measure the competition.
- Distinguish tools from Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. This course was updated in 12/2017. What topics were updated?
A. The following topics were part of the update: professional research tools, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.