Linking Google AdWords and Analytics is an important first step before setting up campaigns. See a step-by-step guide of how this is done and replicate the same in order to prepare for the next step.
- [Voiceover] As a marketing campaign specialist,…we need to switch back and forth…between Google Analytics and Google AdWords…because for some of our advanced settings,…we'll actually start off in Google Analytics…and complete the file elements…of our campaign in AdWords.…So linking AdWords with Analytics…is the first thing we need to do…in the process that we'll be using quite often.…The advantages of linking these two…is that we'll be able to achieve the following.…
Firstly, we are going to activate…advanced retargeting capabilities…that we get from Analytics which also…includes multi-channel funnel reports.…And then we're going to be able…to combine our website performance data…with AdWords data, all of this…which will become viewable in our Analytics account.…We're also going to be able to then import…useful visitor insights from Analytics…back into AdWords which will be really useful…later on when we're optimizing the campaign.…
So let's go ahead now…and have a look at how to use…the AdWords linking wizard…where you can link up multiple properties.…
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Building remarketing lists
- Types of remarketing offered by Google
- Linking AdWords with Analytics
- Setting up Analytics campaigns
- Switching between AdWords and Analytics
- Dynamic remarketing for ecommerce
- Creating audiences
- Setting up a dynamic remarketing feed for display advertising
- Deciding on a budget
- Monitoring ROI