Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Key optimization tips, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that you have the basics…of your AdWords account set up,…it's time to look at some ways…to optimize when you beginning scaling.…We're going to talk about four key optimization areas:…improving your ROI, improving your keywords,…improving your ad text, and improving your bids.…Let's start by talking about how to improve your ROI.…If you find that a large percentage…of your visitors are clicking…but they're not making a purchase,…it's time to take some steps…to increase your ROI.…First, take a look at your landing page.…
When customers click on your ad,…they expect to arrive at that exact deal…or the information you described in your ad.…If they don't find what they were promised…right when they arrive, they're likely to leave…without ever purchasing or signing up.…So be sure that your landing page…is highly relevant and highly optimized.…You wanna use relevant keywords.…If you're using general keywords and ad text,…a customer might be expecting…to find something that you don't offer.…Highly targeted keywords and ad text…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.