In order to get a customer’s dollar, first you need to get them to see your content. One of the biggest ways most companies get visitors to their web properties is through search engine optimization. There is one crucial - and simple - way copy writers can help your pages rank higher than the competition. In this video, Mike discusses how important new content is to Google’s page ranking system and gives some examples of how you can create new content ads that don’t just duplicate your original content.
- No doubt, you've heard the term…search engine optimization or SEO…thrown around your company, time and time again.…It's a far reaching discipline…that can be a very effective way to get…eyes on your website.…But, one of the best ways…to help your SEO team do their job,…is to do what you do best.…Write.…So while this isn't a video on SEO strategy,…we should still touch on how Google ranks pages…and how that impacts your content.…Google's page ranking system…is an easy way for most online customers…to find where they're trying to go.…
However, most people on Google…don't go beyond the first page of search results.…Or even beyond the top three results on that first page,…according to some surveys.…So ranking as highest possible is crucially important.…In 2004,…Google released the document scoring…based on document content update patent.…Which set out how their system worked.…One of these algorithms…came up with what's called the "Google's Freshness Update".…Which basically stated…that their search algorithm or spiders…
- Describe how to keep content relevant.
- Recognize the importance of carefully choosing grammar and syntax.
- Cite ways to improve the chances of acquiring new customers in your ads.
- Differentiate between website ad copy and social media ad copy.
- Explain the value of customer personas.
- Name the ways in which content marketing differs from traditional advertising.