Learn more about impression-based targeting, which is assigned to various inventory made available by publishers.
- [Narrator] Impression-based targeting…relies on third-party data.…Here, you would browse an inventory list on an ad server…that will show you how many impressions are available…based on various characteristics,…and whether that is in the context or the content…that the users read, their demographic, or their location,…as well as their reported shopping behavior.…This form of targeting, on its own,…is hardly ever great for conversions,…and it attracted a low CPC as a result.…
It is great for mass marketing and for branding,…but in order to get better conversions it has to be combined…with some other more valuable data points.…Examples of how this can be amplified, and improved,…if it's combined with a remarketing list…then this could mean that it's a user…who previously visited our site…and are still reading other contextual topics,…so they might be shopping for a better deal,…and this could be an opportunity for a coupon…or some for incentive that will help to retain market share.…
Also, if impression-based targets are using a mobile device…
Here marketing expert Adriaan Brits shows members the fundamentals of programmatic advertising. Learn how to examine audience insights and pick a real-time advertising platform that can help you understand when and where to place ads. Discover how to target advertising for video, mobile, and apps, and work with LinkedIn, Facebook, and the Google Display Network. Plus, find out how to create campaigns, use advanced targeting to reach B2B decision makers, and act on valuable audience insights.
- How programmatic advertising is used
- Real-time advertising strategies
- Programmatic advertising on mobile
- Choosing the right media type
- Choosing auction or direct buying
- Choosing a targeting method
- B2B marketing and programmatic ads
- Using analytics and artificial intelligence
- Auditing programmatic campaigns