Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video How ads appear, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Whenever Google serves…an advertisement to a customer,…it can appear in a variety of formats.…We refer to these as ad types,…and the most popular are text ads,…ads with extensions, responsive ads,…shopping ads, image ads, video ads,…and call-only ads.…Let's talk through these together.…Text ads are the most common kind of search ad.…We'll focus most of our attention…on these ads throughout this course.…This is because they're the easiest to set up…and incredibly popular.…
Text ads include a descriptive headline,…website URL, and descriptive text…like calls to action.…These can show up on the search and display networks.…Just because these are the easiest to set up…doesn't mean they aren't effective.…In fact, these are among the best performing…pay-per-click ad units you can buy.…Ad extensions are essentially text ads with a few add-ons.…Extensions let you provide additional information…to your text ad such as your business's address,…special offers, press quotes, or even a phone number.…
These can show up on the search network…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.