Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
- [Narrator] Hi, I'm Brad Batesole, and welcome to Google AdWords Essential Training. In this course, I'm going to walk you through the ends and outs of setting up your first AdWords account. This includes everything from learning about how AdWords works to learning how to optimize your efforts. Along the way, I'll show you how to set up your first text ads to bring targeted visitors to your page. I'll touch on the foundations of selecting and researching appropriate key words, and we'll explore the intricacies of how campaigns, ad groups, and ads are structured.
We'll also explore ways to measure results, including integrating with Google analytics, and setting up remarketing. Together, we'll even be looking at setting up experiments using advertising extensions, and reviewing key strategies for building converting ads. Whether you're looking to start advertising for your local business, or an online store front, you'll find the skills you need to connect with your customers online all in this course. Let's get started.
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.