Join Adriaan Brits for an in-depth discussion in this video Google AdWords display, part of Online Marketing Foundations: Digital Marketing Research.
- [Instructor] If you're a media buyer…or marketing campaign specialist,…you probably want to use research…to understand more about the availability…of ad inventory and the key players…in display advertising for your products and services.…This research will also serve…as a useful indicator of which publishers…you can approach directly to discuss…Native Advertising opportunities.…Some marketers rely on this, the means…of free research to identify authority websites…during link building campaigns.…
Now to get your screen to the position I am…here, you need to be familiar with Google Ads…and you should have an advertiser account.…So once you're signed into it, if you select…any of your display campaigns and you enter…the display ad, now you shouldn't expect to see…the same results as I'm seeing on my screen…because the campaign settings such as location…and so forth will impact the volume predictions.…Now, in the overview column, if you scroll down…towards placements and you select placements.…
I'm just going to get out of that screen,…
Adriaan Brits consults with organizations all over the world at improving their market research practices. Here, he shares his knowledge with you. Using data from big (and free) online ecosystems such as Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn, Adriaan shows how you can measure consumer demand, trends, market competitiveness, and direct competition. He also introduces some premium toolsets used by professional marketers. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to conduct your own independent research and investigate your customers and competitors online.
- Explain how to conduct ethical research.
- Identify the benefits of digital research.
- Use Google AdWords to measure demand.
- Leverage LinkedIn to measure the competition.
- Distinguish tools from Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q. This course was updated in 12/2017. What topics were updated?
A. The following topics were part of the update: professional research tools, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.