Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Generating reports, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training (2018).
- [Instructor] AdWords comes with predefined reports…that help you answer questions about your data.…These reports are helpful…because they give you specific insights,…and you can schedule them to even…run at a certain interval and email you…or others on your team the results.…To start, I'm going to select the Reports icon…here in the top-right corner of the screen.…From here you'll hover over Predefined reports,…and you'll see a variety of reports…that you can generate that are already created…by Google AdWords.…These can include reports on campaigns,…or geographic data, or extensions that you're using,…or even the time of day that your campaigns are running.…
Let's start by running a basic campaign report.…Once the report has generated,…we now have the ability to really customize it.…For starters we can see a similar table view,…and this brings in some of the basic information…that we're looking at.…Let's start at the top left.…If I choose the hamburger menu option,…we can begin to add additional attributes to this report.…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.