Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Finalizing a campaign, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now at this stage we've gone through…and configured just about everything within our campaign,…but there's a few additional things…that I'd like to point out.…Now I'm all the way at the bottom of our campaign settings…screen and I've already clicked on the additional…settings link to bring out of these menu options.…Now, we've already looked at extensions…but there's a few things that I want you to be aware of.…First, Google allows you to ad a start and an end date.…This is great if you have a campaign that…you'd like to run at a particular time.…As I scroll down, Google also offers…you the opportunity to select your ad rotation.…
Now, I recommend that you leave these as their default.…By default, Google is going to optimize,…which means, they are going to automatically…prefer your best performing ads.…If you add three ads into your add group, Google will let…those ads compete against one another and the one that…performs the best will be the one that they use most often.…If you do not want that to happen, if you want Google…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.