Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the interface, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training (2018).
- [Narrator] Let's get familiar…with the overall structure of the Adwords interface.…Understanding the basic layout of what you see…when you log into Adwords will help you to manage…and optimize your account much more efficiently…and set you on the road to pay-per-click success.…Now, when you first login, you'll arrive here…and this is your overview page.…Now, you'll see that this section is blank…and this is because we haven't set up any ads to run yet.…But let me switch to an account that has some data in it…just so you can see how this might appear…after you've set up a few campaigns.…
As you can see, this section gets a lot more useful…once it's populated with data.…Here you'll see valuable insights…for each area of your account.…You'll have high level overview…and then you can review information…related to your campaigns, keywords, searches,…your ads, devices, networks and so on.…Here in the upper right hand corner,…you can adjust the date range for all of this data.…In this case, I have it set to all-time…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.