Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Evaluating keyword search volume, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training (2018).
- [Instructor] I want to talk about another section…of the Keyword Planner tool,…and that's the metrics and forecasts area.…I'm back here on the landing page for Keyword Planner,…and I got here by selecting the Tools icon…in the upper right-hand corner…and selecting Keyword Planner from the dropdown menu.…I'm gonna select Get metrics and forecasts,…and now we can enter our keywords…either one on each line or separated by commas,…and we can add as many as we need here.…I'll go ahead and enter in…some of the terms that we saw earlier.…Once you've added those keywords, select Get Started.…
What Google is going to do is forecast a plan for you.…It's going to make some suggestions…about an average cost per click,…how much you'd likely spend per day,…and how many clicks you'd get that day.…This is simply a forecast.…It's not necessarily exactly what's going to happen,…but what it does do is it helps you…understand how you'd like to organize…your campaigns and your ad groups.…You may see, for example,…that the San Francisco hotel airport keyword…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.