With the increase in social media marketing and communication platforms, for many companies email now seems like an antiquated way of doing business. There are reasons why email isn’t as effective a method of generating sales as other more organic methods, however many companies hang their hat on email marketing as their key lever to not only bring users to their website, but also to their brick and mortar stores. In this video tutorial, Mike will talk about the current state of sales based emails and also how you can write email ad copy that’ll differentiate you from the pack. So don’t abandon those inboxes yet, there’s still plenty of money to be made from email marketing.
- [Voiceover] You've just spent hours agonizing over…an email, making sure it looks perfact and QAd to death.…You have a brilliant, in your mind, subject line,…and you're sure it's gonna be a bit hit with your audience…because you're selling them on a service…that could actually help them in their daily life.…You press Send in your email…service provider, and away it goes.…It arrives in your target user's inbox,…and gets promptly deleted, sight unseen.…Let's talk about a few tips to help you avoid that fate.…Tip number one, make your email responsive on all devices.…
It's not just at the office or our home laptop…that people are checking their emails.…It's also while they're on a train…or waiting in line for a coffee or doing their laundry.…Plan how your email will look on a mobile device first,…then add in sales copy and elements…as needed for desktop resolution.…This means that every sales based email…should be one column only.…Make it a consistent eye flow with information hierarchy.…One or two short paragraphs that lead…
- Describe how to keep content relevant.
- Recognize the importance of carefully choosing grammar and syntax.
- Cite ways to improve the chances of acquiring new customers in your ads.
- Differentiate between website ad copy and social media ad copy.
- Explain the value of customer personas.
- Name the ways in which content marketing differs from traditional advertising.