Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Define your customers, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] At this stage,…we understand our goals and our product.…But it would be a waste of time to pursue…the wrong audience.…The best audience is one that needs…your category of product.…And the audience that is looking for dog grooming,…for example, might not be the same audience…that's looking for cat grooming.…When I start any advertising endeavor,…I like to outline the type of customer I'm targeting,…specific to the product I want them to buy.…And you can do this by creating descriptive personas.…There's a lot of ways that you can go about…deciphering the personas of your users.…
If you've got an existing customer base,…you can conduct surveys and mine your data for patterns.…But if you're just starting out,…you'll have to make some educated assumptions.…To do that, let's start with a simple exercise.…We're going to outline three desired,…or typical customers of yours.…So pull out a piece of paper, and then close your eyes…and picture three different customers…interacting with your product.…Now, write down the three names that come to your mind…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.