Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Define your business, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training (2018).
- [Instructor] Before starting any online advertising,…whether paid or organic, it's important to identify…what you hope to gain from your efforts.…Do you want to increase traffic to your website,…drive more phone calls to your sales team?…Would you like more customers to come through your doors?…Or are you trying to educate your consumers…about a very specific product?…These are just a few examples of what I would refer to…as your paid advertising business goals.…With a clear goal, you'll be able to identify a strategy…and evaluate the proper way to measure the results.…
If you want brand awareness,…you might track impressions instead of tracking clicks,…whereas a traffic campaign is going to be focused on…the quantity of visitors,…and therefore clicks would become important.…Your goal will be composed of four elements:…the objective, the motivation, the effort,…and the KPI, or key performance indicator.…Your KPI is not just what you're measuring,…but the actual quantity of that measurement…you hope to achieve.…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.