Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Deciding on bid settings, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] At this point, it's time to select…our budget and bid settings.…And this is one of the more challenging aspects…of starting out.…Typically, you'll be bidding in AdWords…on cost-per-click basis.…So you'll set the maximum amount you wanna pay…every time a person clicks on your ad.…And this leads to two of the most common questions…I get asked.…What should I budget?…And how much should I bid per click?…So let's work out how we arrive at these numbers.…Say the Landon Hotel is trying to get people…to book a stay at their hotel.…
First, we need to decide how much we're willing…to spend to achieve this goal.…And for that, we need to understand…our customer lifetime value or LTV.…Now, I'm going to simplify this math.…If you wanna understand the comprehensive method…by which to calculate LTV, check out my marketing tip…on Calculating Customer Lifetime Value.…Okay, so back to the Landon Hotel.…Say they make $100 in profit for any one night stay.…They also know the average customer stays for three nights…and those three nights could be all in the same stay…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.