Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize a landing page by keyword in AdWords, part of Google AdWords Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now as you may recall, each keyword…within AdWords comes with a quality score.…And one of the determinations of that quality score…is the relevance of your landing page.…Now you maybe running an ad group with one or two ads…that point to a multitude of keywords,…and you may decide that instead of setting the landing page…at the ad level, you'd like each keyword to drive…to its own specific landing page.…Perhaps there is a slight variation in the language…that you're using for each of those landing pages,…and you feel that those keywords, while they're still…grouped within one ad group,…need to have their own destination.…
It's relatively easy to do.…What you'll do is navigate to a campaign or an ad group,…select the Keywords tab, and now you're going to identify…the keyword that you'd like to modify.…I'll select the keyword from the list, in this case…collect rent from tenants,…I'll choose the Edit drop-down menu,…and I'll select Change final URLs.…Here I can now adjust the final URL…for this specific keyword.…
Once you've set up your campaign, you'll learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor the performance of ads and optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI) in search advertising. Plus, learn about audience remarketing and what ad extensions can do for you.
Because Google frequently adds new features and functionality, we're committed to keeping this course up to date with the latest training. Check back often for updates!
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Understanding Quality Score and the auction system
- Setting realistic expectations for your AdWords campaigns
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Using ad groups
- Creating and exporting reports
- Measuring ROI
- Setting up Google Analytics for conversion tracking
- Optimizing ads
- Adjusting bids
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: What are ad formats?
Q: This course was updated on 1/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie covering the Audience Insights feature.
Q: This course was updated on 06/29/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: an overview of AdWords, where ads appear, understanding the AdWords structure, understanding quality score and the auction system, choosing a campaign, an overview of ad extensions, advanced campaign settings, writing your text ad, and creating an ad group and adding keywords. In addition, new videos were added that cover creating text ads and finalizing a campaign.
Q: This course was updated on 09/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover upcoming changes to AdWords, brainstorming keyword ideas, using Google Keyword Planner for ideas, getting keyword search volume with Google Keyword Planner, and targeting on AdWords by household income. In addition, the following topics were updated: setting up an account, targeting with keywords, connecting Google Analytics, and setting up campaign experiments.