In this video tutorial, learn how personas should be used in ad copy writing and how narrowing your focus to just a few customers can open up your entire copy strategy. Mike explains what a persona is, why use them and how they can sharpen your ad copy direction.
- One of the biggest issues companies face…in their ad campaigns is how to talk to their audience.…You may have a very specific type of potential buyer,…but you might not be talking to them on their terms.…So how can you know their pain?…The answer is by using personas…or personalizing your audience.…Defining personas requires boiling a group down…to no more than two or three specific people…who represent your audience.…Now how do you figure out who these three people are?…With some good old investigation.…Let's take a look at three separate scenarios.…First, say you work for a small business…with a small web presence.…
Your best data gathering methods…are those a private investigator uses,…watching and interviewing.…If you work for a brick and mortar shop,…take a few hours and watch who goes into your store.…Are they primarily male or female?…Do they appear professional or casual?…Once they leave, ask the employees…what type of questions these customers asked.…Are their any overall trends or common themes?…Don't have a physical location?…
- Describe how to keep content relevant.
- Recognize the importance of carefully choosing grammar and syntax.
- Cite ways to improve the chances of acquiring new customers in your ads.
- Differentiate between website ad copy and social media ad copy.
- Explain the value of customer personas.
- Name the ways in which content marketing differs from traditional advertising.