Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating text ads, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] At this point, we've moved…from the creating an ad group section…into creating an ad section, and it's here…that we'll get to build all of these ads.…To set up our first ad, we'll select the option labeled…New Ad.…Here, Google's gonna give us the option…to fill out the details and show us a preview…on the right-hand side.…We're gonna use the information that we talked about…in our previous movies to create these text ads.…Our first option is to add in our final URL,…and the final URL is going to be the destination…that you're actually sending the visitor to.…
It doesn't have to be the URL that you display to the user.…So in this case, let's say we're sending traffic…to landonhotel.com/booking/sanfranscisco/25off.…Here on the right-hand side, you'll see that Google…has brought in our domain of www.landonhotel.com.…Next, we'll add in our first headline.…Now Google typically puts your brand name…at the very end of your headline automatically,…so you don't necessarily need it within your headline.…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.