Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a campaign, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training (2018).
- [Instructor] Now that we've selected our campaign type,…we get to build out the rest of the details.…And the first thing that we'll have to do is give…the campaign a name that helps you to easily identify it.…And remember, you're going to have a lot more of these…as your account grows, so good naming conventions…will make your life much easier.…The best way to name your campaigns is to use…the goals that you established earlier.…Now, I like to start my campaign name…with the type of campaign.…In this case, it's a search campaign.…
I then like to use the pipe symbol…as a way to separate out my descriptions.…You can also use the dash or a slash,…whatever works for you.…From here, I like to indicate the goal and the objective.…So, my goal is sales.…And then I need to identify the objective.…And let's say this is going to be for summer discount offers…that the hotel is providing, so I can add Summer Discount.…Now this essentially gives me the theme.…Here I can see that I have a search campaign,…the goal is sales, and the theme of all of these ad groups…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.