Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting Google Analytics, part of Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you've got a website…and you're running AdWords Campaigns,…then there's a pretty good chance…that you've also got a Google Analytics account.…And one of the most powerful features of AdWords…is its ability to integrate with Google Analytics.…Now you might be thinking that the AdWords system…is already throwing more data at you than you can bear.…But at the same time, you can get powerful metrics…by integrating your AdWords account…with your Google Analytics account.…So why exactly should you link these together?…Well, there's a lot of important questions…that AdWords, by itself, can't answer.…
AdWords was never intended to be an analytical solution.…By default, its only responsibility is to keep track…of everything that happens right up to the click,…things like how many times your ad is shown,…for what search queries, or on what websites.…It tracks which ad was shown in response to which bid,…how much you were charged for the click,…and all of that specific data.…But after the click, well, AdWords loses the visitor.…
Once you've set up a new campaign and written your first ad, you can learn how to use AdWords reporting and Google Analytics to monitor their performance. Instructor Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize ads to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment (ROI). Finally, go beyond the basics of AdWords with ad extensions—a feature which can increase your click-through-rate by several percentage points. By the end of the training, you'll know everything you need to create effective PPC ads on the Google ad network.
- Defining your customers and your marketing goals
- Setting up an AdWords account
- Researching keywords
- Targeting with keywords
- Creating a campaign
- Adjusting your bid
- Creating an advertisement
- Writing a text ad
- Running reports
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Optimizing a campaign
- Using ad extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating responsive search ads and adding a click-to-message extension.
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
2. Before Getting Started
3. Getting Started with AdWords
4. Researching Your Keywords
5. Creating Your First Campaign
6. Creating Your First Advertisement
7. Monitoring Your Advertisements
8. Advanced Advertising Tracking
Connecting Google Analytics3m 32s
9. Key Optimization Strategies
Key optimization tips5m 14s
10. Going Beyond the Basics
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.